September/October News – Oak Ridge
Another new school year is upon us! We hope that everyone had a great summer! To all of our new parents and children entering our school, welcome to our Alpine Montessori family. Again this year we will be sending out a newsletter every two months covering a two month period. This newsletter will contain important dates and information about things taking place at the school. The newsletter will be emailed to you, posted in the school and on our website.
We will be starting Jamming for Juniors with Mr. Chris, our music class, during the second week of school. Mr. Chris comes in every other Wednesday at 9:30. If your child does not attend on Wednesday mornings you are welcome to join us. Please just let your teacher know ahead of time. We love learning about all different types of music.
9/6 First day of school
9/7 Kidstuff fundraiser begins. This is an optional fundraiser with proceeds used to improve our school. All Kidstuff proceeds or the book (if you are not interested in purchasing it) must be returned to the school no later than 9/20)
9/14 Jamming for Juniors
9/26 Johnny Appleseed Day: please bring in one apple during the week of 9/19. We will be making our delicious apple sauce with the children on 9/26!
9/26 Back to School Night (7:00pm) - this is a night for parents to come and see their child's classroom and learn more about what they do during the day. This is an adult only event so please leave your children home.
9/28 Jamming for Juniors
10/5 Visit from the Jefferson Fire Dept with their truck to teach us about fire safety in the morning. All children are welcome.
10/10 Grandparent's Day - grandparents are welcome to sign up for a 15 min observation, do an art project with their grandchild and be served a delicious snack. All children are welcome. Sign-up sheets will be posted in your child's classroom later in September.
10/12 Jamming for Juniors
10/26 Jamming for Juniors
10/31 Boo or Treat - see below
During the week of 10/24, we will have our annual pumpkin patch. Children will be able to "pick" a pumpkin, clean it and decorate it before Halloween. Boo or Treat and the Halloween parade will take place Halloween morning. During the morning session we will start by celebrating in our classrooms, followed by a parade in the parking lot and Boo or Treat to follow. Parents who wish to help bring in treats and hand them out or help in the classroom and with the parade are asked to sign up on classroom door (sheets will be posted mid-October).
*Show and Tell - 9/6 whatever makes you happy, 9/16 red, 9/23 something yellow, 9/30 something blue, 10/7 something green, 10/14 something orange, 10/21 something pink or purple, 10/28 something spooky
* In parking lot please hold your child's hand.
* The keypad if there for the safety of you children and the school. Children should not be touching the keys or pulling on the door. Please do not allow your child to punch in the code - this is the adult's responsibility.
* Lunches/Coat Bags - all lunchboxes, backpacks and clothing need to be labeled with your child's name. Please have a full labeled change of clothing in your child's coat bag. Ice packs in lunch boxes help to keep the food fresh. If your child has a lunch which needs to be heated, please make sure it is in a container that can be microwaved.
* If you child is under 5 years old and stays for a full day, they will need a sheet and blanket (labeled). If you do not have a bed bag to keep these items clean, please see your child's teacher.
* Drop off: What is the best way to leave each day when dropping off? Though each child is different in their emotions, we have found the quicker the goodbye the easier on the child. A good hug, kiss and have a great day works the best. You are always welcome to call the school after you leave to check on your child. When dropping off and picking up, please stay in the classroom entryway. The classroom is for the children. There will always be someone to greet you when arriving or picking up. If you do not recognize the person coming into the school behind you please do not hold the door for them. Please shut the door and let them use the code or ring the doorbell. This is to ensure that only authorized people are in our building.
|Garrick R. 9/6||Gavin B. 9/12||Sarah W. 9/12|
|Angelina G. 9/23||Ella P. 9/30||Liam H. 10/1|
|Dina B. 10/2||Van B. 10/2||Caydence H. 10/5|
|Kevin C. 10/26|