October was a busy month. We started out with Back to School Night followed by Grandparents Day. Thank you to all parents and grandparents that attended. Also the children had a fire safety lesson and got up close to a fire truck with the Sparta Fire Dept. We had our Jamming for Juniors lessons with Mr. Chris and learned about The Beatles and Halloween sounds.
We had the best Halloween ever! Thank you to all our parents who contributed to our Halloween celebration. Thanks to your help you have made it a very special holiday!
11/6 Jamming for Juniors
11/20 Jamming for Juniors
11/27 Thanksgiving Luncheon
11/28-11/29 School Closed in observation of Thanksgiving
Parent Teacher Conferences/Observations
The first week of November we have our Parent Observations. Sit back and enjoy watching your child work in their classroom. Please remember that each observation is 15 min long.
Saturday November 9th will be parent/teacher conferences. If you are unable to attend on this date please make arrangements with your teacher for an alternate day. Sign up sheets will be posted in classrooms.
When coming to your conference please bring a non-perishable item for our emergency supply. Suggestions, water, canned food and canned fruit.
Hanukkah and Thanksgiving
We will be celebrating Hanukkah throughout the month of November with stories, colorings and an art project. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving during the month of November focusing on how the Native Americans and Pilgrims worked together to have the first Thanksgiving. We will celebrate Thanksgiving in our classrooms on Wednesday, November 27th with a luncheon of turkey sandwiches and delicious desserts.
* We are looking for a very special person to help us in December. Any volunteers please see Mrs. Gorman (HO HO HO)
* Flu shots are due for anyone under 5yrs. old. Please bring in proof of the shot before 12/20/13 in order for your child to return after the winter break on 1/2/14
* Please make sure your child has a coat bag with extra clothes
* Thank you to all that participated in our Kids Stuff fundraiser. We will be using the proceeds to purchase new Montessori materials for all three classrooms.
* Show and Tell - 11/8 the letter Ff, 11/15 the letter Gg, 11/22 Thanksgiving or Hanukkah item
No Cost Fundraiser
Stop & Shop is pleased to again this year provide the easiest and most rewarding fundraising program for our school. The A+ School Rewards Program allows parents and other supporters to assist our school in a no cost fundraiser to earn cash for new equipment for our school. Participation is easy - all that you need to do is take a few minutes to complete the following steps:
Then whenever you shop Alpine will earn points towards purchasing new equipment for your children to enjoy. Please note that even if you registerd your card last year you need to reregister card each year. Thank you
|Alexander D. 11/18||Blayne H. 11/24|